• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Bolts-I searched

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
First. yes I've searched and found alot of good info, which worked for one side. Problem of course all 4 sheared off, passenger side was easy....couple of whacks! and the welds broke on the weldnuts and I dropped in some new bolts and lock washers (grade eight zinc coated). Now its midnight I have been whaling!! and beating on the drivers side, while searching NAXJA for tips during breaks, for hours. I have finally just drilled them all the way out, and wouldn't you know I broke the tap trying to re-tap it!!!!! Seeing that I am not at the garage, so i don't have a grinder or plasma to cut the cargo area. I managed to get the tap back out with an easy out, so I'm thinking.... anyone used self tapping bolts? Everything I found in my search shows only grade 8 or superior hardware with nuts and bolts. I'm ready for bed but need my heep ready in the morning...Any problems using self tapping bolts?

Back