• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tune Up Question>>>

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
When i first got my jeep, i took it over to my buddy's house to have him check it over and at the time i knew nothing about jeeps. I got m rotor button, distrib cap,t stat and gasket replaced. And i dont remember getting my spark plugs and wires changed, so i called him up and he doesnt remember, so i wanna give my jeep a tune up and was wondering if its bad to just replace the wires and the plugs and leave the distributor alone??? and also what are good plugs and wires to get?? i hear truck champions are good.

assuming a 1988 4.0l-- champion truck plugs are a good choice (IMHO) and Autolite professional seriese wires are at least as good as what came on it -- both would be safe bets. As I don't know how long it's been since you had the other ignition stuff changed, I can't tell you if you should change them, but as I hate to "pay for real estate twice", I would change everything now and know it's all good for a while. I would, however, pull the cap and rotor and save 'em as spares if they don't have a bunch of carbon build-up on them.

--Shorty:wave1:

Back