• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 Stroker buildup

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
hi everyone. ive got a couple questions about the 4.5 Stroker. right now i have everything to build it, except the 4.2 litre connecting rods and crankshaft. i have a good solid H.O. block from my 93 Cherokee. i have injectors also. how much do you guys think it would cost me to have a machine shop build me a 4.5 stroker short block? i also currently have an after market cam in the H.O. block, so im covered there. any help would be appreciated, thanks:patriot:

You may want to rethink that cam; a lot of folks wind up rebuilding their motor after aftermaket cam failure and go back to running a stock cam.

It usually only lasts 20-30 k before failure.

:eek:

thanks for the tip. cool, i still have the stock H.O. cam another question though, check this out: i heard on another forum that a crankshaft from an 87-90 4.2 has the same nose length as as the stock 4.0 crank. so could i find an 87-90 4.2 and not have to have the crankshaft nose machined down? any help is appreciated:D

Back