• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Howto remove brake light switch?

dutchjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys,

Quick one. I'm trying to get the brake light switch on the brake paddle to come off without breaking it. There seems to be thread on there but I am unable to turn it. What's the trick here? Just turn harder or more sophistication?

Thanks!

Tim

You have to unscrew the nut/bolt that goes through the brake light switch and the brake pedal arm. It is a PIA to put it back together.

old_man said:
You have to unscrew the nut/bolt that goes through the brake light switch and the brake pedal arm. It is a PIA to put it back together.

Thanks for the fast reply! Now, the threaded part/bolt seems to be part of the switch, it doesn't seem to go through it really. Do you mean just turning the whole switch, or am I not seeing it right? Or should I be able to turn it on the back of the brake paddle?

I kind of gathered that this was gonna be a PIA :roll: .

Tim

I haven't removed one on an HO but on the Renix setup, the bolt goes through the switch and there is a nut on one side and bolt that goes through from the brake pedal side.

It's different on mine (HO). The switch has a threaded extension that goes through the bracket on the paddle. Then the threaded part seems to be clamped inside of an iron clamp of some sort that goes through the bracket and keeps everything in place (this is not an accurate description). I just can't figure out how that thing works. Never seen anything like that. If anyone done this before please let me know how to do this!

Last edited:
Ok, figured it out. Wasn't thread, just ribbles to keep switch in place. Just wiggled it sideways a bit and pull out.

Back