• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest Front d44

SnagglePuss

NAXJA Forum User
I read through the steering axle stickies, but unfortunately, I'm a novice welder would rather buy a complete front. Looking around at Currie, Teraflex, etc., it is lots of $ for a d44 front.
Anyone know a place that sells them cheap, ie. <$2500? Four Wheel Parts had a d44 w/detroit for $2100 in their cataloge, but I cant find it on their site.

Something along those lines. Somebody makes a weld on truss/bracket kit. Well, a couple companies do, I can't exactly remember any of them right now. But you buy the brackets, and tell them where to weld them. And you're done. Asides from regearing the wag axle and whatever you want to put in it.

The only thing is with the waggy brakes you need to swap your M/C. The pistons are too large. At least, that's what I found. And you'll have to run nthe 6x5.5 bolt pattern.

Back