• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 manual swap to D44 from an auto, 3" lift, which driveshaft?

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
can't turn it up in a search other than the D35 shaft is an inch longer, but I don't know if 3" of lift is enough to offset that 1" in length, and I don't know what the length of the D44 auto shaft is compared to the D35 manual. Anyone BTDT?

edited for clarity, I hope lol.

Last edited:
well, it's in and I used the manual D35 shaft with the D44 and all seems well. I haven't had a chance to compare the auto D44 shaft to the 5 speed D35 shaft.

Thats exactly what I did to cure my vibes with a 3" lift when I swapped in a D44. The longer D35 shaft pushes the slipyoke in a lot further than the D44 shaft would, eliminating the need for a T-Case drop even with 3+ inches.

RyleyF said:
Thats exactly what I did to cure my vibes with a 3" lift when I swapped in a D44. The longer D35 shaft pushes the slipyoke in a lot further than the D44 shaft would, eliminating the need for a T-Case drop even with 3+ inches.

cool,

hey thanks for confirming that it should be OK.

RyleyF said:

how far the slipshaft goes into the case does not effect whether or not it vibes.
The vibes come from the pinion/yoke angles.
Get the angles right and it won't vibe.

FWIW I used my stock D35 shaft on my 8.8, lifter 4" it's not a problem.
but my driveshaft is hella long compared to yours.

Back