• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel spacers/ rim size

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
im looking into getting new rims and possibly wheel spacers, if im going to be running 32 x 11.5 inch tires do i need 10 inch wide rims, or can i run them on 8 inch wide rims. and if they have 4 inchs of backspacing will i need wheel spacers?

8" will be perfect & no you shouldnt need wheel spacers. Remember every one rig is different depending on lift & bumpstopping.

If you are going to be buying new wheels/rims, buy them with the correct back spaceing. That way you will not need spacers.

alexer03 said:
im looking into getting new rims and possibly wheel spacers, if im going to be running 32 x 11.5 inch tires do i need 10 inch wide rims, or can i run them on 8 inch wide rims. and if they have 4 inchs of backspacing will i need wheel spacers?
32x11.50 on 15x8 with 4" BS fits beautifully into the wheelwells with 4.5" lift...

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/myjeep.html

Jim

I wheeled 32's on stock Sport 15x7's for several years with 5" of lift, but I ran 1.25" billet adapters to net 4" BS. Perfect for stuffing, good track width too.
95074604PsqaLG_ph.jpg

Last edited:
Well fellas, Ill be runnin 33x12.50's soon and I gotta get new rims. 4 inch backspacing, but how wide. The tires are Dunlop Mud Rovers and they recommend an 8.5 - 11 inch wide rim. So...should I go with a 15x8 or 15x10? Help please. This is killin me.

If you are going to wheel it and air down go with the 8" with as little backspacing as you can find in your price range like 3.5 to 3.8 inch. If it's mainly on the road and you never air down or see roots and rocks you will like 10's.

Stick with the 8" wide rims and you won't need to worry about airing down offroad or extra trimming. Do "They recommend" have any idea how you plan on using your rig or what lift you run?

On a side note and some food for thought........ I've been running 285/75/16 MTR's for a few year and they stuff nicely into the wheelwell with very minimal trimming. 33x11.25" is how they compare in size. Running a 12.50 will require much trimming to eliminate rubbage/fender damage. hth

Back