• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 shifter thread size

sigmund

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have the thread size for the AX-15 shift lever? I have an XJ I picked up and the threads are all boogered up and I was hoping to get a die to chase them out.

Thanks

RyanM said:
I think he means, where the shifter nob screws off...

If that's the case, I think they're regular M10-1.5 threads. He'd mentioned a "tap" - so I'd figured it was for the internal threads on a screw hole. External threads are made with a "die."

If all you're doing is cleaning up the threads, try using a very hard nut first (property class 10.9 or greater.) It shouldn't cut new threads, but it will be hard enough to clean up and re-form existing threads.

I'm aware what Taps and Die's are, he mentioned "die"

sigmund said:
Anyone have the thread size for the AX-15 shift lever? I have an XJ I picked up and the threads are all boogered up and I was hoping to get a die to chase them out.

Thanks

M10-1.5 sounds right. I remember it was metric. Too bad I didn't notice this earlier. I just gave away a nice carbon-fiber looking shifter knob that had a compession type fitting.

Back