• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj caster

schweig4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj with 6 inch pricejacker. I just put some heavy duty custom LCA's on and i want to check the caster. I have searched and searched and I found the one formula numerous times, however it appears this formula is only for xj's up to 99. The low pinion dana 30 requires a different formula to figure out the caster, and I can not find it. If anybody knows this, please let me know. Also, I wanted to make sure when using the protractor I place it on the cover on the flat part inbetween the bolts, correct. Thanks.

Go Jeep's site is the only place I have seen this addressed.
He gives caster specs and how to measure it for both high and low pinion D-30s. It should get you in the ballpark.

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm

Hope this helps.

Ive got a 2k,the magic number is 11.But I just measure directly off the top ball joint,no need for a conversion!

Thanks for the site. I saw a link for this and it did not show the full page. When I tried finding it on his site I had no luck. Using what he said. Do I want to take my protractor reading of -4 and add 12 to get 8. And if I am understanding him, I need 7 or as close to as I can. So 8 is pretty good, but seven would be better.

Back