• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 Grand Cherokee Ltd. stalls.........

popsicle

NAXJA Forum User
Bought it about 3 months ago. The cat was rattling real bad so we gutted it and put it back on.Original owner says he never had this problem. That night is when the stall first occured. It happens very itermittently. Tonight I let it run for awhile and pulled on all the cables and connectors I could find and nothing happend. When trying to start 30 minutes later it would not turn over. I held the gas pedal down for 30 seconds and it started right up. Would running it without the cat cause this?

Is your GC a V8 or 4.0? Did you disconnect the battery after you gutted it to reset the computer? It is possible the jeep can stumble if its using the old fuel map settings as gutting the cat has greatly reduced the backpressure. I'd say disconnect your battery for 15 minutes and reconnect. This way the computer will relearn and adjust for the new gutted cat. I'm not sure how involved the OBD1 computer is in this but its definatly an easy procedure and worth a shot. Good Luck.
fyi, you may wanna check with the Grand Cherokee forums. Grands use different computers, trannsmissions, etc.. The motor block of the 4.0 is the same but some things are comon problems amongst a certain vehicle and those guys will be more in-tune to the Grand Cherokee's quirks.

Back