• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn signal prob

Check the sockets. My 90 quit due to corrosion there. Simply spliced in a new harness from the dealer.

Re: turn signal problem

not to hijack the thread, but my turn signals quit working as well. Hazards are fine. Prior to going out there was a buzzing under the steering column. I replaced the flasher, but still no luck. Do I need to "reset" the electrical by undoing the negative battery terminal?? Any ideas? i'm starting to piss some people off changing lanes in rush hour traffic. THanks...

sjx40250 said:
I'm going to start keeping my FSM by my computer. Isn't there a fuse to check Coastie?

Yeah, trust me the FSM would be the first place I look, but the packers packed it up and I won't have access to it until Aug. Plus I'm no good with electrical stuff. I found and replaced the flasher but still no joy. Any ideas?

I still haven't gone down to the garage to get the FSM, but do you still have the "chime" plugged in? This is really a long shot, but if you do, pull it out and check. What is bothering me is the buzzinng sound you mentioned. I would be really curious of the source. It was't arcing(sp?)?

Okay still have the intermitent buzzing sound. Turn signals started working again, but after some buzzing they shut off again. loose connection?

Vertigo said:
Check the sockets. My 90 quit due to corrosion there. Simply spliced in a new harness from the dealer.

Had a buzzing from my column switch when switching from low to high beam headlights on my 90. Turned out to be corrosion like Vertigo.....

Back