• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your "Air-Bake" heat shield mods!

I made a heat shield out of a regular cookie sheet on my old xj. After being painted black, it looked like a fipk grade intake. To do it though, I had to cut the sheet into a custom piece with a few bends in it. When you cut an air-bake sheet, the two pieces are not going to stay together. The seam is what holds them, right?

Motorvated said:
I understand, but where woudl you use it? For exhaust and such?

Exactly. For all those who just have to have those Blowmaster 40s and want to avoid the overheated floorboards that come with them. (n)

I found a better solution. I set my jeep down on a ledge so the muffler had to support the wieght of the jeep. In turn this pushed the floorboard up about 3" right above the muffler....no more hot floor :). I promise it was done on purpose.

easiest one i saw was simply driving some bolts down through the floor, then space the threads so that you can weld a nut as a stopper half way up the threads. Now drill the air bake, slide the air back up to the stopper nut, then put a lock washer and nut on the other side, tighten and then grind off the extra threads so it doesnt hit the top of your muffler. Kinda like a haning ceiling in your basment.

I just have the optional clamp down flowmaster heat shield on my xj. If your floor is getting really hot you may think of yanking the heat mat from a zj at the pick n pull. I meant to grab one last time at the yard but i was distracted and never went back for it.

sorry i dont have pictures of either, the zj mat seemed highquality though.

an other idea would be the adhesive DEI heat reflective mats http://designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=7

Back