• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here goes nothing

wkfrst

NAXJA Forum User
Alright going to order everything this weekend...I have asked tons of questions and read tons of posts. I think I am ready to go.

4.5" RE Superflex kit w/ RE twin tube shocks from jeepinoutfitters
33x12.50x15 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM from tirerack.com
Cragar soft 8's 15x8 w/ 4.0 backspacing from quadratec
Flowmaster 40 kit from rustys
several cans of PB Blaster
Everyone's "how to" install writeups

I believe I have "everything" covered...looking for any last minute advice, tips, or what I forgotten to get.
Also anyone in the panama city area looking to get dirty? Help rewarded
cheers2.gif
hehe
Thanks in advance,
Will

You may need a SYE and driveshaft.

Gears! (if you haven't done them already.)

If you get vibes, ditch the flowmaster and get a SYE. I have the 3.5 SF and I have some pretty bad vibes. Might be different for you though.

uncc civilengineer said:
With the RE4.5" SF (going to net you around 7" of lift) I'll be absolutely amazed if you dont have driveline vibes... What transfer case do you have? Year Jeep, etc.?

7"??? That seems a little much to me. I figured more like 5.5". I dunno though, I have the 3.5 and i got around 4-4 1/4 after settling.

Hey man... I am from just up the road in chipley. U need to check out: www.panhandle4x4.com that is our local group of 4x4ers mostly jeeps. Might be interested in helping put it on if I can find the time when u need it (or someone else on the site might be able to help).
Yeah, like was said gears make a world of difference! SYE, DS and Gears would be at the top for me!

EvanH said:
7"??? That seems a little much to me. I figured more like 5.5". I dunno though, I have the 3.5 and i got around 4-4 1/4 after settling.

Ok 7" may be a little much but he stated his XJ is bone stock... So I'm assuming, no bumpers, winch, etc. I will guarantee you that with the RE 3.5" SF leafs and shackles your going to be sitting around 6" of lift... And it's going to settle slowly w/o any weight to help it. The 4.5" coils will be about the same...

In anycase that's quite a bit of lift w/o a SYE or T-case drop...

wkfrst said:
93' w/ the NP231 and running completely stock right now

Are you goung to wheel it much? I'd think about armor somewhere in your plans if, you are going to.

Alright on summit racing they have a mail in rebate for $200 when you buy four MT baja claws...with summit's cheaper shipping they are the same price as BFG mud terrain from the tire rack, then with an additional 200 off later. No brainer or should I stick with the BFG's?
thanks again

Back