• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spray on Herculiner

ThE HiV

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone here ever sprayed herculiner before. WHAT KIND OF GUN DID YOU USE, and where did you buy it????????

I am thinking about either herculiner, or duplicolor bed liner coating my roof becuase its in rough shape right now.

I am not sure weather i want to go with herc or duplicolor, but i KNOW i want to spray. spraying the herc will make the texture more consistent, and i know the duplicolor comes in spray cans, but i would like to buy a gallon and spray it myself instead.

any help would be great
thanks

I have sprayed Herculiner many times. It comes out looking really good but you will need to add 10% Exlyne in the Herculiner to thin it out. You will also need to use an under coating gun that you can purchase at eastwood.com. I would recomend spraying in temperatures under 70 degrees to avoid the gun from clogging. I have also sprayed Durabak I like Durabak better.

I've always had a dream of gettin my accessories in bare metal and bed lining them in the same color as the xj, imagine a red xj with black and red suspension parts. i jus dont kno if u can get it in diff. colors, i kno u can get stuff rhino lined in diff. colors, but then u cant DIY.

Durabak has a lot of different colors.

I used to spray a product called "Speedliner". We sprayed it with a home ceiling "popcorn texture" sprayer. You can buy one at Harbor Freight for around $30. BTW, that Speedliner stuff sucked-LOL. :laugh:

My Jeep is black, So I'm not worried about different colors like oher people might be. I dont want to line-x it either becuase that costs too much for me.

I'm looking at that 15 dollar undercoating gun on eastwood.com and thinkin that might be the ticket. now just need to decide on herc, duplicolor, or durabak. the smooth durabak might work good on the roof? wont get as dirty or faded maybe?

Ill be sure to post a write up when i get this done.

ThE HiV said:
My Jeep is black, So I'm not worried about different colors like oher people might be. I dont want to line-x it either becuase that costs too much for me.

I'm looking at that 15 dollar undercoating gun on eastwood.com and thinkin that might be the ticket. now just need to decide on herc, duplicolor, or durabak. the smooth durabak might work good on the roof? wont get as dirty or faded maybe?

Ill be sure to post a write up when i get this done.

I used Duplicolor. It's cheap, easy to use, easy to touch up, but it really isn't as durable as Herc.

MG2000XJ said:
all you need is an air compressor right?
Air compressor, air hose, the spray gun, the bedliner/undercoating to be sprayed, something to spray on to (the Jeep), and electricity. Once you got all of those you should be able to do the job. Can't forget the stuff for the prep work (sanding/scuffing) and the safety gear (respirator) if you so choose.

Back