• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee still being made!!!

I'd like to get a set of the tailights and front nose...road trip anyone?? or wait plane trip anyone???

Yah - we know.

There's even been talking of finding out what it would take to import them, but I don't think anything has come of it yet. Probably be damn near impossible tho - they'd have to be refit to current FMVSS, and there's the small fact that we already have a hideous trade deficit with China anyhow (I've proposed a solution, but no-one is listening...)

5-90 said:
there's the small fact that we already have a hideous trade deficit with China anyhow (I've proposed a solution, but no-one is listening...)
Lemme guess - one of the first steps involves cessation of cheap Chinese-made crap? Whatever would Wal-Mart do?

Yucca-Man said:
Lemme guess - one of the first steps involves cessation of cheap Chinese-made crap? Whatever would Wal-Mart do?

Nah - let them buy from us first. Then, we spend a like amount in their market.

BAM! Balanced trade. We could even buy a bit less from them to set the trade deficit into a decline. Hell, China doesn't need open warfare to take us over - just call in our notes...

Anybody notice that the tailgate seems to be the old fiberglass unit. Maybe the Chinese figured out how to eliminate the rattles. Also has the pre 97 slide temp controls.

Also how about the OEM "Adventuro" tires !

Last edited:
yea but that thing has less TQ than my lawnmower :(

5-90 said:
Nah - let them buy from us first. Then, we spend a like amount in their market.

BAM! Balanced trade. We could even buy a bit less from them to set the trade deficit into a decline. Hell, China doesn't need open warfare to take us over - just call in our notes...

5-90, You've got it all wrong, We already have balanced trade with China, we trade them soon to be worth less US treasury notes for real products and hardware. What a Deal!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Hell my computers made in China!:yap::yap::yap:

Back