• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an Idler Pulley with a quality bearing

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
(for a '99) Can anyone adivse a brand of Idler Pulley with a top-quality bearing??? And, anyone know what bearing brand was used in the OEM part?

Thanks much.

You can buy a replacement bearing and press it in yourself. A large bolt and a couple of sockets work just fine it you don't have a press. I haven't verified this for a 99, but I believe the bearing will be the typical 6203-2RS which is 17mm x 40mm x 12mm and rubber seals on both sides. At least that's that it is on my 89MJ, 93ZJ, and even the 2006 Nissan Frontier. I get mine from vxb.com for a couple of buck each. http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/6203-2RS10

Just looked at a pulley I still have in the garage. The original was FAG brand from Canada.

Last edited:
5-90 said:
I believe a Timken 203FF will also work for all years. Pressing the new bearing in takes about five minutes with a vise.

So the Idler Pulley can be reused just by changing the bearing?

Thx.

Back