• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In rig battery tender

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a neat contraption today, Not sure where to get it the guy said he bought it in canada. Its a battery box that sits in your cargo area and a 12 volt battery tender that plugs into your 12 volt cigarette or powerpoint and tends the battery that is in the box. I guess you can call it an alternative to the dual battery setup, but looked alot simpler and can be removed if need be. It also keeps your engine compartment free, anyone have one?

Not really sure i get you, You mean the batt. in the back replaces the underhood batt? If so then it shouldnt run through the cig lighter. Im confused.

mjd99xj said:
Not really sure i get you, You mean the batt. in the back replaces the underhood batt? If so then it shouldnt run through the cig lighter. Im confused.
No for a back up, which you will need if you wheel hard enough. It sits in a battery box in the cargo area and it connected to a tender that keeps it charged so that its ready to go when needed.

Back