• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

.......What's everyone doing for food?......

I will have the twinns with me so they will get lots of lunchables on the trails and I'll usually do sandwiches durring the day and cook something when I get back to crawfords. The bunky's have grills IMSC!

Snacks and stuff during the ride.

Thinking about frying turkeys on Friday night. We're in Bunky 4.

If there's enough of us, we could do two turkeys, takes about 45 minutes per.

deep-fried-turkey-safety.jpg

:yelclap:

IntrepidXJ said:
nope...can't make it this year....I'll be heading west on July 18th (assuming my Jeep is ready in time)
Is Doug coming down?

they have a good all you can eat pizza place downtown murphy...might be nice after a hard day on the trail...$7 for all you can eat...IIRC

Yep Pizza was good that one night we ran into town to eat.....

Chances are I will be doing hotdogs and hamburgers most nights, and Turkey and cheese sandwiches every day. Seems to be how it ends up. No matter what plans I think I make...

Turkey does sound good though. Maybe my brother could bring up his fryer and oil and we could cook two at the same time. -Tim

Tim88XJ said:
Chances are I will be doing hotdogs and hamburgers most nights, and Turkey and cheese sandwiches every day. Seems to be how it ends up. No matter what plans I think I make...

Turkey does sound good though. Maybe my brother could bring up his fryer and oil and we could cook two at the same time. -Tim

Turkey fry on friday. Bring your cookers and we'll see how many we can feed.

You going up from wilmington?

Those bringing the fryers. How about a potluck meal on Friday night? If we need more turkey not a problem we'll get them but if you guys fry and supply a turkey then the rest of us bring a side dish?

Would also be a bring your own drink, plate and cuttlery type thing.

I have a warmer that I am bringing for the sat. Meal that can be used.

So if that works maybe a schedule like

Thrusday night Town for Pizza, Friday night Turkey and then Sat night meal.

Work for you guys?

Back