• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precisionengine.com?

Bored400

NAXJA Forum User
Okeey dokeey...I'm in the market for a new 4.0 for the 89' xj and I'm trying to do my homework here. Rebuilding my block is a damned spendy venture around here ( like $2,500 ) and I've been looking around online at some of these engine builders and the price difference is around $1,000!

Precision Engine out of Houston quoted me a longblock for around $1,475.
Promar, on Ebay, was $1,500.

Have any of you guys used these companies? How did you make your payment? Is there a better outfit to get a longblock from?

im am almost sure that if you buy an engine from the yard and do it yourself it will be musch less than 15oo. the biggest price to incur will be rings bearings and the assembly kit. MAYBE some minor machine work but you can hone the block yourself.

Ya know, I've searched precision engine on this site and there are alot of guys who talk about em, but I havent seen a single response about someone using thier engines. The question stands! Gimme feedback, boys! Thanks!

Back