• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE4.5 full suspension drop steering prob.

barnettzack

NAXJA Forum User
hey all i can't find anyone with this problem, i've installed the lift and at full drop the passanger side inner tie rod hits the lower swaybar mount on the axle end, so i can't turn all the way right.

i've installed the rubicon pitman "drop" but it's not anydifferent then the stock XJ arm. i'm thinking ZJ pitman arm, is about 1inch more drop then the XJ

~Zack

Any resolution? I just got done with 4.5" and mine won't turn right either...I drove it down to the tire place with stock tires and didn't notice any issues. After they installed the 32" tires and aligned it, the darn thing won't make a right turn. I literally crossed three lanes of traffic pulling out of the shop...turned back around (left turns) and gave it back. They are telling me I need an extended drop pitman arm?!? Contrary to what the guys at RC said...

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't see what a drop pitman arm has to do with not being able to turn right. I'm pretty sure it just alievates the stress put on the new angles of the steering that was designed to work less severe heights, and allows you to have a little more turn radius.

O, and I'm at 4.5 and ran 32's for over a year without any problems, and the only problems I have with my 33's currently is the tire hits the right spring turning to the left because the axle sits back on one side because of a bent LCA bracket on one side that is waiting to be replaced with a heavy duty one.

I went down and looked at it again...the angle of the drag link isn't bad. Plus, I drove it down there after the lift was installed without issue. What could they have done to jack it up so bad? I'm going to post a fresh thread, didn't mean to highjack this one.

Back