• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 questions

MattS

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a starting problem that is REALLY seeming like vapor lock on my 99 Sport. Throttle body, TPS, intake sensors are all new. Fuel pump is new, etc. CPS isn't though. I've narrowed it down to an under-hood problem. It happens when the outside temp is HOT. If I crack the hood, it will start fine, most of the time. Question 1 - Could a cracked o ring on an injector cause enough of a leak to do this? Question 2 - Could the starter relay be going out? If so, where is it. If anyone knows of a good mechanic within driving distance, I'm willing to drive. I'm about to put hood vents in since popping the hood seems to help.

It cranks, then chokes and struggles to stay running for about 15 or so seconds. If it doesn't cut off, it will "get it together" and run fine.

It's exactly what the TSB is talking about. Unfortunately, I have researched this one and gotten the heat shield and have wrapped all injectors and the fuel rail with tape. I've replaced the temp sensor as well. I'm no mechanic, but it seems like vapor lock. Any thoughts on hood vents?

check that your fuel pressure does not bleed down when you let it sit-- lower pressure will allow the fuel to boil at a much lower than normal temp.

Back