• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 keyless wiring questions

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 89 limited that came with the keyless entry *OLD SKOO KEYLESS*

its the little eyeball thing between the visors.....i removed it and used the power and ground wires from it to wire in a cd up there....works great..(WORKED great)

anyway...i also wired in an electric fan bypass switch with an inline fuse..

now when i first installed it i was checking to see that the switch worked for the fan and didnt have it mounted properly at the time...i accidentally arched it and popped a fuse....this fuse also caused the cb to quit working...after i replaced it everything was handy dandy hunky dorry

before i went on deployment in october it worked fine....since i have been back it has not worked at all...i did relocate the switch and cant remember if i had the battery hooked up or not and could have arched it..:(

my question is....which fuse is it?...arg i can figure it out..its been over a year since i popped it and i cant for the life of me remember what fuse it was...could there be something i missed in the power panel in the engine bay or am i stretching for a long shot here....all the fuses i pulled from the fuse panel seem fine..

i need to get this fixed asap cause its gettin hot and i cant turn my aux fan on and i cant communicate when we go wheeling with my cb..

I think it is a 30amp circuit breaker in the fuse panel. It is on my 90 anyways.

cool..i will give it a try tommorrow.....sun has long gone down to do anything outside tonight...plus its a light show in the sky..

we are taking cover....

Back