• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Condensation on the windshield

tclapp_88

NAXJA Forum User
i have a '96 xj and when its hot out, like now, i have the a/c on, of course, and when the sun is setting and when its dark, i have condensation on the outside of the windshield. why is this? is it a leak in the cooling system? and if so what do i do or where do i take it? thank you for the help!

On the OUTSIDE?

If you had condensation on the inside I'd say a leaking heater core maybe.... But then you'd have a strong coolant smell, etc.

But outside?

Sounds normal if it's humid or something. Perhaps. When it's warm inside and cold outside, like in the winter, you get condensation on the inside sometimes. Maybe if it's the opposite like summertime (warm outside, cold inside) you'll get condensation on the opposite side of the glass?

Just something I was thinking about ^ :)

http://van.physics.uiuc.edu/qa/listing.php?id=1511

200px-Condensation_on_water_bottle.jpg

cold inside/warm and humid on the outside.

yeah but all the time? ive never had it on any other vehicles. never had this problem

tclapp_88 said:
yeah but all the time? ive never had it on any other vehicles. never had this problem

Sounds like you have a loose vacuum hose or bad vacuum actuator, or stuck control arm on a damper door in the ventilation duct work. Feel the upper ducts near the windshield inside the jeep and above the dash, if it is blowing cold air out those ducts with the A/C on max or normal then the damper doors are not working properly, making it a loose vacuum hose, bad actuator or stuck linkage or stuck door.

Back