• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Spline Or "Super"?

sjd78

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to order a set of Alloy USA front and rear shafts this weekend for my D30/D44 and wanted to hear some opinions on sticking with the stock spline versions or going to the "Super" kits. Stock spline versions can be replaced with my OEM shafts in the event I break one. "Super" kits are stronger but if I do break one Im screwed since I wont be able to afford a set of spares for a while. Lets hear some opinions on what everyone thinks!

Thanks
Sean....

I may be wrong on this but I think if you go with the super shafts you will also have to upgrade the rear ends internals, pinions,bearingsetc.. as the diameter of the shafts are different.

then in my humble opinion up grade the d30 but find a stronger rearend as lockers, super shafts etc will leave you with a small weak ring gear.

lamula said:
then in my humble opinion up grade the d30 but find a stronger rearend as lockers, super shafts etc will leave you with a small weak ring gear.

So are you saying to upgrade to the super 30 or just upgrade the D30 to stock spline alloy shafts?

sjd78 said:
So are you saying to upgrade to the super 30 or just upgrade the D30 to stock spline alloy shafts?

Neather. He said to ditch the 30 in favor of a stronger axle.

I plan on useing the stock 27 splines with a set of Alloy USA Chromos. They have a 10 year warrenty and if I break one I can still swap it out in with the stock.I also picked up a 27 spline ARB for cheap. More than likely if I break a chromoly shaft in a 27 spline Dana 30 the pinion or ring gear will go first.

I would go stock splines in both so you have spare shafts and spend the money you save trussing them.

If you really need the "super" kits its smarter to spend the money on larger front and rear axles like a front HP D44 and a rear 9". A front HP D60 with 35 spline outers and a rear 14 boilt or D70 if you need even more strength(no alloy shafts are needed unless you get real crazy).

The super kits make the pinions the weak link. The front HP D44 with alloy shafts is stronger and has more build options.

Back