• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion

PsychoBoyHappy

NAXJA Forum User
I got the Conversion with part #SC-250 only to find that it strikes the track bar axle mount short of a locked turn to the right.

What a let down.

I'll be sending it back next week. I just bought factory parts to replace my worn out gear. I dunno if my truck is a special case or what, but I'd say the Rusty's gear is not worth the price. When it bound against the track bar mounting bolt head, it flexed like a recurve bow.

Live and learn.

-Hap

i had read about the rustys tie rod conversion and in the article it doesnt state that you have to relocate the trac bar mount but before i went into purchasing it i called them and asked them about it. if you do do that you have to reloacte the trac bar mount to the top of the axle and the cut and re weld the sway bar mounts also, i know it doesnt state if but thats what u gotta do if u got the tools its worth it

mjma said:
should replace your stuck stuff with V8 ZJ stuff. Beefier.
'

Only the tie rod is stronger (it's solid).

That's a bummer about the Rusty's stuff. looking at it online I knew it would hit. My old Currie hits. The Currie is a much better option and the current generation is bent enough to clear the stock trackbar mount.

Back