• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Pro Advice would be great.

XJ2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey jeep guru's i have a 2000 xj with 144,000 on it and im getting ready to put a RE 4.5'' superflex kit and BFG AT 32x11.50's on in the next few weeks, any advice on how to make this process go smooth? I dont have axcess to a super sweet garage, just the good ol' driveway. I have read alot about liquid wrenching the upper shock mount bolts and some other stuff but im looking for your expert advice (i am new to this whole thing):banghead:

Use PBblaster instead of liquid wrench and do every bolt you will be unbolting, i did the same lift to my jeep bout a year ago, makes things easier if you got a couple buddys to help too Good luck

hopefully the rust wont be too bad since its kinda newer.

but the main thing i found when putting the lca's on is to get a come along or a big arse ratchet strap to pull the front axle forward while you get the lca's into the mounts.

you will want a set of coil compressors so you can get the front springs out without taking the uca's off which is a big PIA. and pry bars and pieces of pipe (for leverage) are going to be your friend. take your time and learn.

the comealong or strap will also come in handy when you do your t case drop. lining up the holes is a PIA too.

lady fingers are a good tool to have regardless also for lining up bolt holes.

also, when you do the leafs, put the shackle side on first then use a pry bar to slide the front mount into place.

just use your head and take it slow, think about what your doing and ways to make it easier.

the main thing is to just lay underneath the jeep for a day or so studying how everything works and how it will come off. (naps are ok too! lol)

plan on breaking the upper shock bolts, they all do it unless you have a jeep with no rust on it, which is almost impossible to find! ha

rustysoffroad.com has a great write up too.
http://rustysoffroad.com/article_liftinstallxj.html

As far as rusty bolts go. I perfer to use aerokroil. little more costly but creeps 10X better. It won't let you down.

But yes you should just take it slow. If it's your primary mode of transportation, I would suggest you have a couple days set aside that you could do the install, that way your not rushing. The kit should come with instructions. I would suggest reading through them before hand so you know what to expect. Good luck and post pics.

Back