• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Shocks, Bad Bushings

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I need new bushings for my new RE shocks, the top ones split in two and are now being squeezed out the sides making a bad squeak on bumps and the lower ones did not fit with that nifty piece of metal in them. I'm going to see if I can maybe get replacements from RE, but I don't exactly want the same ones back. Also any ideas on slipping that upper mounting piece through the bushing without damaging them, I think the process of me forcing that through might have actually split the bushing in half with lots of lube and a baby sledge. Thanks
Alex

Put the new bushings in with a vise, it took me a whole 10 seconds to do each shock after fighting with them for about an hour with no luck. A little grease and they went in.. almost too easy.

I can get the bushings in, its getting the bar pin through the bushing that messed them up.

anyone know where I can get better quality replacements for these?

Back