• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making Your Own "Street" Locks ???

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well i really love the fake beadlock look. Yes would love to have some real ones but laws dont allow that, So i know some of you have made some and i would like to know how i can get some added on to my soft 8's?? if possible

so you want to make fake beadlocks? there is no law against that. just weld some bolt heads onto your wheels lol

they are illegal cause they require maintenance to keep them on the road safely and let's face it, some of us aren't up to par. some are dot approved but you still have to tighten stuff and keep them in running order otherwise they are a big road hazard.

Hit up Scott at Rockstomper.com with proof of an actual law for a 50 dollar reward! He's had that out there for years, never paid it.

Scott used to make steel wheels to order. He'd get centers and shells, the parts would already have the DOT stamp on them before assembly- so it's not like someone is looking at the finished product before they get the OK.

Just my humble opinion, fake locks are ghey. And, if cops'll pull you in your area for real beadlocks, why on earth would you want your wheels to look like them? You'll still get the same ticket!

Just weld on one ring on each wheel.

Back