• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake rotors 88 xj

delverde

NAXJA Forum User
88 xj 4x4 4.0 aw4
the front brake rotors are being stuborn tried tapping around the rotor with hammer do i get a bigger hammer any tips on getting them off they are floating rotors arent they?

they should be floating rotors. I would check for rust around the housing. seems like there is a little there. If so spray pb blaster on it and they should come off.

Just popped off of my 88. Took about 3 taps after some PB Blaster over night. Mine were on there for about 3 years it looked like to me. I put some grease on them ( where they meet the hub ) before reinstalling them

Mine took two days and enough heat to make spit sizzle. Spray PB Blaster from the back and around the lugs, also replace lug nuts( to keep from damage, I killed two studs and hit between the studs on the hat of the rotor a couple of times. oh , did I say to use heat and lots of it (evenly!)

I found the virgin clips from the factory on mine which means they have been on there for......20 YEARS
What job are you doing? I have more tricks than Snoop Dogg has ho's... maybe not

Back