• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny mount

JGXJ

NAXJA Forum User
'89 250k auto np 231- problem with tc linkage, keeps popping out of pivot in tunnel well. Does tranny mount bolt to tran or just crossmember? Tranny mount bolts to crossmember are tight, but with all that oil and sludge not sure it there were two bolts holding mount to botton of trans. I think this is where I'm getting too much movement, tran sliding on top of mount. Anyone know what size the bolts would be?

No, the mount is not broke. But is the mount suppose to be bolted to the trans or does the trans just rest on it. I know the mount bolts to the crossmember on the bottom (4 bolts), but what about at the top.

There should be a bolt on each side of the tranny. The top of the mount will have the holes in it that match to the tranny. The bolts might be snapped off, thus letting the tranny move around.

Check your engine mounts also, I had the same problem with my T-case linkage popping out. The tranny mount has two bolts for the tranny and four for the cross member. When your replacing it, you might need to "persuade" the tranny/engine to move back or forth to line up the holes.

Back