• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Popping noise while turning

Funrover

NAXJA Forum User
I notice it mostly while not moving and turning the wheel.... I can't find anything loose(yet)... any tips ideas? Seems to be there more while foot is on the brakes.. I also heard it today while turning over a bump..... radius arms perhaps? TIA Aaron

Check the bracket end of your trackbar.

RenixPower said:
Check the bracket end of your trackbar.
x2

Same problem here. :bawl:

Of course, I somehow ended up with a standard nut instead of the tabbed nut retainer in that impossible-to-reach spot inside the bracket, so my trackbar bolt comes loose all the time. :banghead:

Consequently, the hole is now wallowed out. When the nut is loose, my steering goes to crap. If I tighten it, feels much better but gives me a nice pop when turning the wheel. It seems like the POP occurs when the tightened bolt shifts around inside the deformed hole in the bracket.

I'm no expert, but that seems to be what I'm observing.

- Jay

Will check...Thanks everyone!..... Might it possibly also be a control arm bushing? From what I have read here and other sites the trckbar is a common problem.... is there a fix for this?

I'd say trackbar. I just fixed mine last week. Cut out a plate from 1/4" steel and welded it on the bracket to fix it and it's been great ever since.

But, it could be a number of things still. Trackbar would be my first guess but it could maybe be tierod ends, maybe a crack at the steering box on the frame, maybe bad wheel bearings... there's a lot if could be but I'd check the easy simple stuff first.

Back