• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Lights Help

2000XJSPORT

NAXJA Forum User
I went to my XJ tonight and I found out that all the interior lights are on and they will not go off. Earlier today my EVS alarm went off for no reason which it has never done before. I check all connections to the EVS and ran a system test so I do not think it is it. Any one have any ideas. Could it be the head light switch. Maybe a door pin (which could explain the alarm going off)??? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Alex

door pin/switch sounds like the most likely culprit, and heck if we both thought of it, it must be right! I'd pull neg. cable and check each switch for continuity when pushed in (normally open circuit)

best of luck-- Shorty

Ok, thanks. I will have to try that. For now the Negative cable is off till the morning when I have some sun light.

Thanks again for all the input.

Alex

Also check the rear cargo light, that light is also a switch, it drove me nuts for 2 hours one nite trying to get the lights to go out..

Be glad its your lights, not your CD player. I came out to my XJ after work one day hearing some music and got in and the CD player was on without the key in. Every time I pressed a window button on my drivers door, the CD player would turn off, then come back on 5 seconds later. The Jeep just sat all day that day and hadn't been touched.

Good luck with your problem.

Probably door switches. I had the same problem. For some reason I could push the switch with my finger it worked, but not when the door closed. Door lined up perfectly. I put a little spacer in there so the switch set out a little further and no more problems.

Well I have taken all of your ideas and no luck. I have four new door switches and the lights stay on. The Mopar alarm also still will not arm. It only does one chirp not two telling me that a door is open. I took apart the rear lift gate and looked at that switch, but it looks fine, but I really have no way to test that one. I have gone over the whole alarm system wiring and checked all dome and OHC console lamps. I took it over to my friend at the dealership and he had a look at it with a couple of the other mechanics, but they were puzzled. They could not do much with out taking things apart. So I guess it will go in and I hope they can find out why it will not go on.
This is such a pain.

Alex

Back