• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.92 Gears for a D-35C?

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search but came up with nothing. My rig is a 1991 MJ, 31" tires, AW-4 auto tranny, D-35C rear end, and a Hesco 4.6L stroker. It's used for mostly on-road. I would like to lower the rear differential ratio to compensate for the increased tire size. Dana/Spicer makes a 3.92 ring and pinion kit for the D-35, p/n 75813-5X. Will this kit work for me, or are there any other manufacturers that can provide this ratio. Seems the ideal compromise ratio for good performance and decent gas mileage.

I don't believe this ratio is available for that diff.

If I were you I would just go with that 4.10 ratio. The difference will be so minimal over the 3.92.

It is available. http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=4439

But, considering the price, I would run 3.73's or 4.10's.

Remember to change the front gearset to match the rear if it is 4wd.

Thanks for the replies. Yukon's 3.92 gear set is the ONLY one made for the D35, it's back-ordered forever, and the price is high, so will go with the Yukon 4.11 set and save myself about $100. Who cares about gas mileage.......

Back