• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

accelerato linkage pivot bar issues

onetallmj

NAXJA Forum User
Started the ol' MJ the other week and as soon as I put it in gear - WHAM! very high idle and barely got it to stop and shut it down. I was in a hurry to work and then went on vacation so I started investigating today.

Looked over the linkage and didn't see any iniatial binding. Took of intake tube and IAC and no obstruction/bindage. So I run my hand down the throttle bar to the pivot point beside the intake where the accelerator cable hooks up and low and behold - the pivot bracket is hitting on the steering shaft!! My steering box is bolted up tight and the brakcet seems to be in place but before I start pulling the air box and stuff out - has anyone had this problem? the throttle won't return all the way to the closed position due to it hitting on the shaft that somehow got in the way????:helpme:

Ok for those who are curious - if you have a accelerator linkage pivot bar hitting your steering shaft and your shaft hasn't moved - then ... maybe your engine did!! Turns out both my motor mounts are FUBAR!! Glad I shut it down when I did.

Now to find so good motor mounts.

Back