• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" BB with 31's

Tree Frog

NAXJA Forum User
Hey evryone,

I'm not going to do much if any crawling, but I will be off road in the dirt and mud and the deer lease and in the fields and stuff.

With just a 2" BB, and sway bars still hooked up, will 31's rub away where?

Cherokee95 said:
Hey evryone,

I'm not going to do much if any crawling, but I will be off road in the dirt and mud and the deer lease and in the fields and stuff.

With just a 2" BB, and sway bars still hooked up, will 31's rub away where?

Open ended question. I ran 2" w/ 31's for a while on my '01 w/ factory wheels and I only rubbed on the LCA's at full turn, but there's no way I would have done any wheeling w/ it. I ended up switching to 30's and it was MUCH better. Take that for what it's worth.

jeepinxj01 said:
Open ended question. I ran 2" w/ 31's for a while on my '01 w/ factory wheels and I only rubbed on the LCA's at full turn, but there's no way I would have done any wheeling w/ it. I ended up switching to 30's and it was MUCH better. Take that for what it's worth.

That's what I was looking for. I don't want a bunch of lift, but I do want larger tires. Right now she has no lift and 30's but I'm in the market for new tires, and a little lift.

"LIGHT" wheeling can be done with a 2"BB & 31's without trimming.
Expect some rubbing.
I have a Daystar 2" BB (actual lift 1 3/4") and 31's on my 99.
If I know Iam gonna need the room for flex..
I swap tirs/wheels with my 91. It has 30's on it.

Go with 30's till you can trim or lift higher.
icon12.gif

Heres my 99, works for the Mall........
100_2001.jpg

I have 31's on a rockliz BB with an extra isolator up front and main plus second leaf in the back (net is 2.25) and I have gone everywhere I want, no rubbing except the LCAs at full lock (haven't done the washer mod yet) On stock wheels they tuck up nicely. It's close but works fine. Major rock crawling won't work but twisting it up on some trails is no problem.

I have a 2" BB that i got from some place on E-bay. It's called rocky road outfitters and it's a 2" spacer in front with a 1.5" shakle plus a .5" lift block in back. The shackle is really beefy and holds up to bashing on the rocks. I have 31" BFG m/t's on cragar soft 8's and in front the tires rub on the innerfender when they're completely stuffed in there. I had to bulge the fenders out a little so my tires would tuck all the way in and it kinda looks like a pre-runner. In the back the tires rub if i'm fully loaded and doing some rock crawling. I can't do anything crazy but it holds it's own. I'd say you could run 31"s with a bb without trimming as long as you're not rock crawling. But if you plan on lifting it some more later get a BB with a shackle because you can use it with your new lift spring.

Totally possible. I ran a 2" BB as my only suspension mod, no swaybars, and ran 31's no problem. I was using different rims and trimmed a little. Then I manned up and busted out the sawzall and put 34's on. Thats when the fun began. =p

Check out the forsale ads I got a 2" RE BB for sale with shocks right now..

RE 2" spacer up front.
TnT 1.5" shackles rear.
31's. on a 15X8" wheel, 3.75" BS.
No sway bars F&R.
They rubbed like a biotch, even while driving. Had cuts in the tires. Trimmed front and rear. Then they didn't rub. A 3" lift cured the all rubbing problems.

WOW! Some people have no problems as long as their not flexing, and others get all messed up.

I kow I will not be able to flex 31's with out rubbing, but I had hoped I could use them on the street, trail, and mud, since that's where I do most of my driving.

i have a 93 with the RE BB AAL. on 31's. and with out a rear swaybar i rub like crazy while being trimmed. with a front swaybar connected i dont rub.

i have the rustys 1.75bb and 31x10.5 on some 15x8, 4.5 backspaced wheels, and no rub in normal driving conditios. very light rub flexing, more rub flexing disconnected. then i cut and hammered, now i never rub.

Last edited:
Cherokee95 said:
WOW! Some people have no problems as long as their not flexing, and others get all messed up.

I kow I will not be able to flex 31's with out rubbing, but I had hoped I could use them on the street, trail, and mud, since that's where I do most of my driving.
For the street you should be just fine.
Iam.
(see post #6)

Are you guys who trimmed also pounding over the seam inside the front wheelwells? I have 235s (and have done a bit of trimming in anticipation of new tires this winter) and I have tons of room even fully flexed. I just can't picture 31s with a B.B. and trimmed a bit hitting anything but the LCAs.

Not sure what offset, but you can do what I did and get WJ LCAs. I got them for $50 from a guy on Jeepforum.com.

Back