• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

s-10 bastard packs

woodbutcher

NAXJA Forum User
I searched it but I need toknow what lift the majority of you that have used it got from the rear and at what point do you need an adj track bar and a SYE I dont need but around 3"-3.5" of lift and at that amount are you useing the springs from pick up trucks or blazer's ?
Sean

you'll be looking at 4-5" of height but if you want 3" then dont use all 3 leafs, just use 2, and then trial and error it because every leaf pack is different.
also search for this because everyone who has done this always post thier lift amount FYI.

I am running the 2nd and 3rd leaves from an S-10 Blazer. I ended up with about 3" lift after the springs settled. I am still using the stock type track bar, also. As for the SYE, most people that I know that run one, started to run it after the 4.5" lift mark, along with the adj. track bar.

Yeah, I gained about 5" but mine were really arched. My friend gained a bunch but that's because his were like new. My Jeep is real raked though, have bad vibes and huge amounts of death wobbles. I rarely drive on the freeway because of it, however I'm still running stock trackbar and LCAs. I'd suggest if you are doing this to definitely trial and error it to make it even with the height of the front of the XJ. 3" shouldn't give you much vibes, if at all and shouldn't give you death wobbles. It never happened to me until after I put the full packs in the rear.

I carry an extra 300# plus { roof rack, hidden hitch, rear carrier, CO2 tank and tools }in my 96 xj and my s10 pak is sitting right at 20.5 over rim center to bottom of flare. It sat there even after removing the overload leaf. I figured it would drop almost a half inch but it did not. I am now dealing with shimming the LCA's {GoJeep write up} to address front end issues. After shimming the rear with 2* shims, I may have to go with 4* shims back there due to some remaining driveline vibes. Still need to align front tires and adjust steering linkage. I am beginning to see some value in buying a quality lift kit if they handle all the quirks associated with lifting a unibody. Yeah, but think of the education you (I'm) getting. Why did I avoid shop class in High School only to spend all my spare time under my car at this point in life?

Mopar It said:
i dont get it do the s10 leaf springs bolt right into our xj's or no?

No, you use them to build up your stock pack. Read this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083

woodbutcher said:
I searched it but I need toknow what lift the majority of you that have used it got from the rear and at what point do you need an adj track bar and a SYE I dont need but around 3"-3.5" of lift and at that amount are you useing the springs from pick up trucks or blazer's ?
Sean

You can get just about any height from 2-5" depending on the combination of leaves you use. It's all trial and error, just make sure you keep enough leaves in the pack to avoid axle wrap. Just about any spring from a SUA setup with 2.5" wide springs can work. Just look for some with a decent arch, and thinner leaves. You will likely have to drill your XJ leaves to accept a larger centering pin.

Last edited:
Back