• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper question

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking into two different bumpers, but now I am stuck. The first is the Nate's 4x4 recessed winch bumper:
http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/pro...id=68&osCsid=bb6f37bd5dd9c878dfc996d6cccb8968

The second is the Custom 4x4 fabrication winch bumper w/ tapered corners (about half way down) and eventually the prerunner guard or the full grill guard shown.
http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/front_xj.html

I love the nates, esp for the price. Also, if you look at the basic front bumper, one of the pics shown is the tie in so I know it is sufficient for the winch, although I like the tapered corners of the C4x4. My question regarding the C4x4 is how well the "bolt on shackle mounts" hold up and if they are significantly weaker than the welded through mounts on the Nates.

Also, does anyone have experince with either of them? I dont know how the C4x4 mounts to the unibody or anything so I cant compare that either. I searched but couldnt find much on the bolt on shackle mounts vs welded, which is my main concern, so any help would be greatly appreciated

LOL Well I have the C4X4 front bumper and a rear bumper with tire swing from nate. Both are very good bumpers. For your question about the D rings is yes there strong. Ive used them to winch and was pulled up a tow truck ramp with them. Nates bumpers are built very well and you cant beat the price. Only thing about nate is it took a month to get my rear bumper and communication sucked. But was well worth the wait and money saved. Hope this helps

Made my own front winch bumper but it was modeled after the C4X4 front bumper. Mine has welded D ring Tabs and the plate to unibody goes back about a foot. 7 bolts on the drivers side and 6 IIRC on the passenger side. Mounted a 12,000 lb winch and have not regreted any of it. Took about 3 weekends to design it and fab it and a weekend to install it and the winch.
So if a purchase is in your plans my vote would be for the C4X4 front.

How long did the C4x4 bumper take to ship when you ordered them? Was it much quicker than nate or was it still several weeks?

Back