• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kevlar Clutch***UPDATE***

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I posted about a kevlar clutch I am recieving for testing from ZOOM clutches,I just recieved it today.The quality of materials they use is exceptional!!!! all the way to the powdercoating they use.I will be installing it an a couple of weeks,but I will post some pictures of it in a bit,I am at work right now,no camera.Just thought I'd let ya all know about it,hence the "update" post.You can find my original post by searching "kevlar clutch" I just can't wait to test it out!!!!!!!! Oh man,I just itstalled an aussie locker in my front dana 30 4.10 gears 33x12.50-15 all terain tires,of course with new 760x TJ ujointed shafts..........hope I dont need alloy shafts now!!! or at least I will find out if I do..............:hang:

I had a kevlar clutch in my mustang for awhile. Didn't like it one bit, had wierd pedal feel, and it wouldn't disengage properly if it got the slightest bit warm. I went to a 6 puck brass clutch and was very happy. I would NOT use a brass clutch in a wheeling app though LOL.

Is it a full face kevlar or does it have pucks on it?

HP_sample.jpg
this is what the disc looks like.My oem clutch was atually needing replacement,and I was just looking for a better clutch than oem due to my thinking,I am a tech been in business for 20 years now,since we modify our jeeps for non-stock driving and we upgrade everythng,why would i want a stock clutch ment for stock drining?ehh anyways i was looking on line for one,mine needs replacement due to oil leking on it plus leaky slave cylinder plus the trans iput shaft leaking..................uhh you get the reason why i need one.well i was checking out clutches and stunbled upon zoom which is only 5 miles from my werk and i called them to see if they sold direct,they didnt but after talking to the product engineer he suggested i wait for this special jeep application and he continued to see if i could have one to test for them.............well 1 day later i was going to get one to test for them for free!!!!of course with test data and results......hell right place right time!! so thats how the story goes for my clutch.......plus they want me to put it to hell and back....i recieved it today from a 2 week wait.they still havent finished getting them all together.I will be posting pictures and install pics when available plus i want to provide zoom themselves with video footage of me using it in Tellico , hopefully they will post it in there website,this is a new field for them as they do racing and circletrack stuff,they want the exposure and product details to expand there product line.I am anticipated to get it in and use it,I think this is going to prove an excellent product alturnative for as the kit includes a new cryogenic proceesed flywheel and heavy pressure plate,kevlar disc,pilot bushings.release bearing,and install tool.they have all jeep flywheels renix included.On a side note when I was there today they were putting together circle track clutches, 3 layered ones with ceramic disc, cool looking stuff.well anyways as i install/wheel this clutch i will post results...till then....................................:wave1:

Back