• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedo correction

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
can anyone tell me how far off my speedo would be after changing from 3.55 to 4.56 gears? I have 31's on, and put a new speedogear in to correct for that. I know I need a new speedo gear to correct(anyone know a good place to get them besides the stealership?), but would like to at least have a rough guess of how fast I'm going.

Just get a friend to drive at a certin speed and follow the same pace as him/her and take note of what you speedo reads so that you have an idea on how much it is off. I did this when I went from stock tires to 33's and found that I was reading about 2.5 miles an hour slower then I was actually going.

EDITed...the chart did not transfer correctly...sorry!

Last edited:
Just got mine yesterday. It cost me $10 for the speedo gear.

The part numbers on go-jeeps site work. Pulled right up when I gave the parts guy the number.

hippymill said:
starboard: where did you get your speedo gear from? the stealership here quoted me $45 for the gear.

I just bought a 30 tooth at the dealer $9 and some change. They cost more with more teeth. I think the 40 tooth was $12-$13.

Clickly add part #52067643. $21.00 MSRP.

Last edited:
Lukipela said:
Just get a friend to drive at a certin speed and follow the same pace as him/her and take note of what you speedo reads so that you have an idea on how much it is off. I did this when I went from stock tires to 33's and found that I was reading about 2.5 miles an hour slower then I was actually going.
Realy? On my 33's and stock gears my Navigator unit said 45 when spedo said 40, and driving past a police radar unit said the same thing.

hippymill said:
can anyone tell me how far off my speedo would be after changing from 3.55 to 4.56 gears? I have 31's on, and put a new speedogear in to correct for that. I know I need a new speedo gear to correct(anyone know a good place to get them besides the stealership?), but would like to at least have a rough guess of how fast I'm going.

JeepinOutfitters is now carrying speedo gears and Jason is an NAXJA member.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=196

Hope this helps,

Mike

Back