• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Climate Control -- Blower Motor

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys..

I haven't posted in here in a looong time.. Welll long story short, I'mb ck to tinkering on my jeep.

The blower motor (I think) has seemingly quit on me, nothing happens when i flick the lever for lo-HI, nothin gblows out but if i leave the heat on full and drive around, the air will push through and I feel it coming in.

My question is -- Where is the motor, and the resistor? I don't have my hayes with me here, I can't find it? So I'd appreciate it if someone told me where or whanot... Or I'll have to go and buy a new one.

Then now to fix the shimmer in the way it drives, (not felt in steering)

Sam

Dead compleatly? I would check all the fuses (and if your year has one the relay) first. The blower moter is on the passenger side firewall in the big cut out. Depending on the year (maybe all years), and if you have A/C you will have to have the system evacuated to get it out.

Really? then that sucks.. My AC is converted, so its not runnin on freon anymore, and im pretty sure it's empty. Only thing that I care for is heat caz this is used during the winter the most. I'll have a look-see at the relays and fuses.. Thanks.

scoobyxj said:
Dead compleatly? I would check all the fuses (and if your year has one the relay) first. The blower moter is on the passenger side firewall in the big cut out. Depending on the year (maybe all years), and if you have A/C you will have to have the system evacuated to get it out.

A/C evacuated???? Not true. Just undo the three screws, and two wire connector and its out. EASY. Check your fuse first.

Back