• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrome Tip Getting On your Nerves too??

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well when i got my jeep, i put a Super 40 FM on it and a chrome tip. Well now im kinda worried that its just gonna get bent to hell and banged up and was thinking about cutting it off and just running the FM muffler and no piping connected to it??? also...would this make it any louder and is it a bad idea???

Heat rises, put some sort of a turn down on it to keep from heating up your floor.

After I crushed my tip, I cut my exhaust off right after the hanger that mounts by the gas tank. I put a turn down at that hanger. It allowed the exhaust gasses to still exit at the rear of the vehicle, but left it protected by the leaf spring. You can see it at the far right of this picture:

jeepaxle005.jpg

nekocopter said:
Any muffler shop should be able to bend you one. If not, don't ever let them touch your exhaust.

%100 true.

They may have a ton in stock too, often times they buy them in bulk from pipe companies to cut on the time it takes to bend one with a pipe bender.

BUT... you can go to you local auto parts store (like Kragen in CA) and they actually stock turn downs for all different kinds of piping sizes. so if you have a friend who welds, buy the 5$ turn down and take it to him, the exhaust shops can end up chargin you like 20-40$ just to install a flippin turn down.
Also, some colleges and highschools that have an auto program will do it for you just to learn. My HS did. You could bring in your car and get a free oil change just so that the students could learn. and if the school damaged your car, then the school paid for it...

Back