• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire question

rhino317

NAXJA Forum User
i have 33x12.50 tires and when i got my jeep back from the tire place they had 36 psi in them and i was wondering if that is to much? so i droped it down to around 30psi and is that to less?

yah i tried it first and and then 36 was wearing it on the middle and not the edges so that means it was overinflated and then i dropped it down to 30 and then it got to dark. but it sure seems like it rides better : )

try around 32 if you dont like it go back do to 30 and rotate

i have 35's with 30 PSI. I also have been working at tire store for the last 4 years. so thats just my opinion. do what you want but tires arent cheap unless you work at a tire store.

hmmmm... I just did my tires and the gauge on the hose said 33 but i checked it with a pencil gauge and its at 40... hmmm....
(245/75/16)

hose gauges are normally wrong. they get togged around and hit the ground alot and get off calibration. use the pencil gauge it is more accurate

Back