• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS quick discos for 3"...on 6" lift

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
Exactly as the title goes...my buddy has 3" JKS discos...will they work with my 6" of lift in the front...I am still running the stock sway bar and links. I'm probably going to buy them if they will.

measure them.

When I went to the local 4x4 toy store to buy my JKS QD's, one of the question the guy ask me was what lift I had. I told him a 3", and he ask me if I was going to go over a 4.5" lift in the future because they are only adjustable so far. I don't have a direct answer or a spec.... But that is what was ask.

They will work if thats what your asking...If I am picking up what your putting down, your running stock end links on a 6" lift....the 3" JKS would have to be an improvement over that

JKS makes the PN2000 Quicker Disco's for an XJ with 2-3.5" of lift. The PN2001 is made for an XJ with 4-6". He should have the 2000's, and it seems to me that while sure you can still mount them to yours, you won't be able to achieve the 10-20 degrees (15 is ideal) above horizontal angle that is recommended for your sway bar.

UprightXJ said:
JKS makes the PN2000 Quicker Disco's for an XJ with 2-3.5" of lift. The PN2001 is made for an XJ with 4-6". He should have the 2000's, and it seems to me that while sure you can still mount them to yours, you won't be able to achieve the 10-20 degrees (15 is ideal) above horizontal angle that is recommended for your sway bar.

As long as they work and don't rub the springs I'm going to buy them. I don't put a ton of road miles on my jeep a year, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just thought it would be common for people that had a 3" lift and ended up going higher and kept the old discos.

andrew2516 said:
As long as they work and don't rub the springs I'm going to buy them. I don't put a ton of road miles on my jeep a year, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just thought it would be common for people that had a 3" lift and ended up going higher and kept the old discos.

Like Upright said, they aren't the right disco's.

Don't overextend the disco's past the recommended maximum length or they will fail, due to not enough thread engagement.

Running them shorter will make your SB angle wrong.

It is common for people to try to use the wrong disco's. If you had a 4" lift, that would be one thing. For a 6" lift, I wouldn't do it...

I'm running the 2000's at 6.5" of lift without any problem at all. I dont get the full 15* (im at about 11*) but it works well. I didnt bother to get the longer whens when I re-lifted, because i'll be relocting my swaybar links higher with a new front axle shortly.

If you plan on sticking with the same setup and more lift, I'd get the right disco's.

Back