• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PS cooler.......

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have a good idea on where to put my PS cooler? I have an oil cooler on one side of my grille and the tranny cooler on the other. Still use the AC so the Condenser deal is out! (too hot for no AC in a DD) thanks!

CanMan said:
Mount it behind the front X Member.

I've toyed with the idea of putting one there but parallel to the ground so that air from the radiator can go through the fins. That or use a small fan.
Any 4-6" fans available for not much green?

Remove the air filter box and go with an air tube set up like Rustys or a Ho-Made set up .Find a cooler from a wrecked Ford Exploder and mount it in the area of the removed air box,I even used the same return line ,only had to run new line from cooler to PS resivouis (sp).
Wayne

The cooler alone will cool the fluid a bunch. You dont need to mount it directly in the airstream for it to cool. Anywhere under the hood has so much air tubulence from the fan that it will cool. The old Ford Broncos came with a small finned cooler from the factory and it was just mounted behind the power steering pump.

Back