• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worsen or better?????

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Been considering and.. reading on adding a small shacklet lift to my already lifted XJ to accomodate for added wait and sag? But through all the reading and such, and running the setup through my head.. I can't determine if a shackle will worsen or not affect the pinion angle? Anyone care to fill me in..

longer shackle will make your pinion angle point upward more [always better unless you are at zero]

boomarang shackes will help with flex more, but you may notice a difference with the longer shackles as well.

in short, its good

rocklandxjer said:
longer shackle will make your pinion angle point upward more [always better unless you are at zero]

boomarang shackes will help with flex more, but you may notice a difference with the longer shackles as well.

in short, its good
Other than clearance issues(which some maufacturers have already taken care of),the shape of a shackle has ZERO effect on the flex!

RCP Phx said:
Other than clearance issues(which some maufacturers have already taken care of),the shape of a shackle has ZERO effect on the flex!

Any suggestions on which manufacturers are the best? Trying to do everything right the first time on this xj (unlike other xj's I've had...may god rest their souls.. I've screwed up enough rigs)

2000xj4x4 said:
unless you were to get revolver's........
Or my old scissors I made!
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Any suggestions on which manufacturers are the best? Trying to do everything right the first time on this xj (unlike other xj's I've had...may god rest their souls.. I've screwed up enough rigs)
What shackles are you running now and what position are they in now(a pic would help)?

Just OE shackles with 3.5 AAL, stock rear bumper. I'm not tech savvy (no digi-cam) still use corded telephone too....

Back