• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Lok Clutch Pack order

xjpio

NAXJA Forum User
What order does the clutch plates go in? It is out of a dana 35. The carrier split in two and when I removed it, the clutch pack dropped out and now I don't know the proper order.

Thanks

I just rebuilt my Trac-Loc in my D35. The clutch packs came twist ties together in the same order as the clutches were stacked in the factory built rear end. The compression plate/spring pushes against the gear and a regular shim pushes against the axle. A guy on this site said use a treaded rod with washers and nuts to compress the clutch pack on one side to install the spider gears and side gear on the opposite side. I did this (run the 3' threaded rod through the passenger side axle housing) and spun the both spider gears and spider gear shim in at the same time. It worked slick and took about an hr. I periodically had to tap the spider gear shims in place with a screwdriver and hammer as I spun the spider gears in.

Back