• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB leak?

scrape

NAXJA Forum User
Locker was working great.

Today the Air is going from compressor to the D-30 housing as it it supposed to do.

But from there it is shooting up the vacuum tube (it goes from the axle housing to the firewall near the top of the engine) and then it is hissing out of a little yellow cap.
Is this line important (for the vacuum) disconect axle?

I guess my question is can I just plug it??

either at the top or could I plug it at the axle itself??

Or should I try something else.

scrape said:
Locker was working great.

Today the Air is going from compressor to the D-30 housing as it it supposed to do.

But from there it is shooting up the vacuum tube (it goes from the axle housing to the firewall near the top of the engine) and then it is hissing out of a little yellow cap.
Is this line important (for the vacuum) disconect axle?

I guess my question is can I just plug it??

either at the top or could I plug it at the axle itself??

Or should I try something else.

Plugging that axle vent hose will not help, might even cause seals to leak.

Sounds like somewhere inside the housing the ARB is leaking, maybe the o-rings that are on the collar that the brass line is attached to, maybe damage to the brass line inside the housing, pull your diff. cover and examine the brass line first. Then try and engage the ARB and see if you can tell where the air is leaking.

Good luck!

Back