• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heavy duty tom woods drive shaft

d-rail

NAXJA Forum User
i was gonna order a new t woods shaft.i know they make a stardard shaft and a heavy duty shaft that is a thicker shaft. iwas told the heavy duty shaft will vibrate on the street at 60 - 90 mph. this aint gonna be no speed racer but i will be driving it on the street as much as i will be bashing it through the rocks. just curious if anyone is running this shaft vs the standard one. i was told they are the same price and both use 1310 u joints. just wondering how bad the vibration would be and if it would be worth it

thanks

FWIW, I run a doubler with 5.13 gears. I uses stock front drive shafts (front and rear) and have yet to pop one, but I have popped a alloy 44 front shaft. Moral of the story is, do you really want to spend that much money?

thanks for the info, i guess my mind is made up. might as well go big or go home...if they are the same price why not!!!

Back