• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noise When Fan Cuts In

SuperRoo

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,

Small problem I hope...I have a noise that starts when the fan cuts in to cool the engine down. Sounds like it's coming from the drivers side but I can't seem to place it. Hopefully someone else may have experienced this at some point. Thanks for your help in advance

give us some more information to work with. what kind of noise is it? is it like an electrical hum, or a grinding like something rubbing on plastic or metle etc....

the more we know, the easier it will be for us to help you and possibly the quicker to a solution.

hth

Cheers Stewie,

It sounds like something is rubbing, a squeal - the fan cowl was my first thought, but no it's not. As I said it is only when the electric fan switches on, so i've already discounted the belt as well. It's got me stumped...

SuperRoo said:
Hi guys,

Small problem I hope...I have a noise that starts when the fan cuts in to cool the engine down. Sounds like it's coming from the drivers side but I can't seem to place it. Hopefully someone else may have experienced this at some point. Thanks for your help in advance

hotwire the fan to an external battery and see if it makes the noise. Post back.

Drove the truck for the first time in about a week, got caught up in traffic so the fan cut in - still with noise. Pulled over and really had time to listen to it as the fan kept going for a while. This noise I think is actually coming from the fan itself, just wondering could it be a bearing? And if so, is a complete replacement needed? Once it cooled down tonight I checked the fan itself and it didn't seem loose...

Back