• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 cherokee ABS motor is buzzing

Rockken

NAXJA Member # 1674
I did a bit of searching and only find references to the renix ABS system. My brakes work fine. However, sometimes while braking, just as I'm stopping I hear a buzzing noise and the brake pedal drops a bit. I've isolated the buzzing noise to the ABS motor. Removing the ABS relays fixed the problem. Up until I pulled the fuses, no lights on the dash were on. Has anybody run across this problem on a newer XJ?

Thanks
Ken

Is perhaps the ABS system working properly?
Do you know what it feels like when you are positive it is being actuated?

If you are sure of what it feels like while being actuated, and you still think it may have a problem, try making sure all the tone rings and sensors are clean.

Cut the wires, pull the dash light fuse and call it a day. If you ever did an axle swap you would loose the ABS anyway. I have a 2001 and put a new axle in the rear. I have no noticeable difference in braking.

Thanks guys, it could be one of the tone rings or pickups is dirty, I'll check that next.

Thanks

Back